Your Property Genie is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended or replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any national laws which relate to the processing of personal data (“data protection legislation”).
- We will collect and store your personal and financial information which will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 as amended, extended, re- enacted or consolidated from time to time (including without limitation the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EC) (data protection legislation).
- We will use your name, address, email address, contact number, date of birth, national insurance number and financial information (‘personal information’) to provide our services to you and verify your identity and this may require us to pass your personal information to our group companies, electronic verification providers, product providers or other financial firms such as lenders, banks, insurers, fund managers and platform providers. Should you decide not to proceed with our services, we will delete your personal information.
- We may be required to pass on your personal information to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) to help with an investigation or complaint or other authorities as required by law.
- We may need to collect sensitive personal data including information about your health, ethnic origin, or criminal prosecutions from third parties such as employers and credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other similar organizations in order to provide you with the services, for example where you require advice on protection or annuity products.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
- In addition to the third parties mentioned previously in this policy, we may disclose your personal data to third parties for the following legitimate business purposes:
- staff members in order to facilitate the provision of services to you
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf and
- We may disclose your personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will not sell or distribute your personal data to other organizations without your approval.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
- Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us.
- If you would like more information on how we handle sensitive information and personal data please contact us.